EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Emergence painting in progress by Gail M Allen

"Emergence': is the first in the third series of paintings I am working on. I had started it years ago but was not completed and I knew it would come to fruition at some point. This was the initial blocking in process. It already has changed immensely. Soon I will post the next stage.
Although many of the elements of the painting are realistic, I now have added abstract elements and there is a large portion of symbolism incorporated in the overall theme. I am painting images that are dealing with the science of things transcending what is known to be physical and natural. These are primarily themes of the metaphysical plane; those of being, of knowing, cause, substance, identity, time and space. The evolution of my work has gone from everyday images of landscapes, that I saw these themes in, to a more intricate language of symbols to express the themes that interest me as I continue my exploration.

2 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Hi Gail! Got your message.... thanks for the encouraging words and for sharing my website!

I love the beginnings of this piece... is it finished? Didn't see it on your website, though I might have missed it since you said it had changed. Would like to see the end result!

Great mask in your profile pic. What an expression! - Deborah

Unknown said...

Hi Gail, amazing blog, I'll be back tomorrow with a little more time to explore your art:) Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great day
love
Andrea