EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Take Time to Smell the Flowers - Abstract Painting

The 9 paintings all over the studio have been progressing quite slowly these past few months. My three sculptures are at a virtual standstill. But, other things are progressing on their own. Many new sites have sprouted up with my work, and I have made a great group of lovely new friends and followers. Creativity is thriving in other ways than on the easel and that is just fine...let it flow is my motto. To me, art is a form of communication that I use to convey what is inside me. It happens on the easel in a conscious form of the unconscious, a day at a time. Each day that I step out of the way of my soul and allow a sort of meditation while I paint, my soul gets stronger and works on deciding the outcome of my life. The painting in this post is titled "Take Time to Smell the Flowers". I view all artwork as beauteous sights that are offered as an escape, or for introspection, offering comfort and quiet to ease one in times of emotional vulnerability, and also offering uplifting experiences that make our hearts sing with glee. Life is good....my soul has not failed me yet in painting my life's picture as creativity blazes on. Right now, the scent of the flowers is a perfume to perfect for words. Life truly is great! May yours be as beauteous as the garden we have sown.

3 comments:

andrawan said...

wonderful picture... are you art desain????

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Love the color scheme and imagery in this. It took me a second look to see the face smelling the flower - very clever!

And thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Gail, I chose your blog for a Lemonade Award - check out my post today (March 25) at http://younglaosilkpaintings.blogspot.com/2009/03/lemonade-award.html