EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Painter's Painting" A Movie for Creativity and Inspiration


"Painter's Painting" is an interesting film about Abstract Expressionism and the Pop Culture movement in American Art which is on DVD.  The movie incorporates a collage of artists' portraits, through conversations in their studios, who lived in the postwar New York art scene. Johns, Rauschenberg, Frankenthaler,  Hoffman, Noland, Olitsky, Motherwell and Frank Stella to name a few. The documentary film is by Emile de Antonio and focuses on the  "New York Painting and Sculpture: 1940-1970" exhibition as well as an inside look into the minds of some of the most influential artists of our time. For me, it was very inspirational from a conceptual standpoint: a reminder of why I decided to be an artist and why I struggle to express myself and my ideas daily. To me, the film  was a great foray into the creative thinking process, that left me feeling like I had just had a captivating and thought provoking lunch conversation with some of the best in the modern art world. Not to be missed.

1 comment:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Hi Gail! This does sound interesting - I'll have to check it out. THanks for the info