EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Creative Flow Dreaming" : from The Works on Paper Series by Gail Allen


I started this series while confined to a chair, or bed, for a period of months as I recuperated from a tough fight with advanced Lyme disease. The series chronicles the many feelings of  ups and downs I was experiencing on my road to healing. This period gave me the opportunity to go back to working with other implements, besides paints and brushes, which I had become so accustomed to,  out of necessity because of the limitations of my work environment.  It also freed my time to do more abstract work, and an enormous amount of reading and DVD watching about artists and techniques - which I rarely take the time to do.
This particular piece is made up of many of the symbols researched over the years - from Native American to Dream symbolism, as well as some Numerology. While listening to a "Hay House Radio Show - Flowdreaming by Summer McStravick"  I worked on developing this piece. It was an interesting venture into my soul's desires and needs at the time.

No comments: