EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Works in Progress -Mountain Stream

"Mountain Stream" is a larger landscape, 30" X40" and was first posted in the black and white value study. At this stage, it is about halfway to completion. Currently, I am working on getting the brightness of light in the distance just right. Water and streams have a significance in all of my work, signifying the ebb and flow of life. As does the title of this blog. This was started quite a while ago - before I became ill, so I feel it is significant that as I return to my painting, the flowing stream is the first to be completed. Have a great holiday season, remember to be thankful for the moments you are in - no matter how insignificant they may seem. All the Best to You and Yours!

1 comment:

AnfinsenArts Alive said...

You have a lovely gallery and blog Gail. My maiden name is Allen. I wish I could have started painting earlier in my life. You have "come a long way baby!"

I am a fellow FineArtAmerica artist, and I have a blog recently started:
http://anfinsenart.blogspot.com
Please visit!