EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mountains in Winter Painting

Winter Mountain Landscape (Copyright Gail M. Allen 2011)
Working in a slightly different mode than usual this week, I just completed this painting of  the mountains in winter. My usual format is to give all aspects of the painting a finished realistic look. This was a study for a larger painting, and is 24" X 24", done in acrylic on gessoed board. On the larger piece, I think I will make the sky a bit larger and rework the jagged mountains closest to us. This is one of the best ways to work out the problems before I start  the larger painting. These jagged mountains were at quite a distance,  so I also think I may add a bit more of the underbrush I left out along the stream.

No comments: