EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Back from Traveling





For the last six weeks I've put down my brushes and have been busy attending to family obligations, celebrating life's milestones and traveling ... I am finally back home and in my studio once again. 

The great thing about getting away is the renewed perspective and vision you come home with.

Hopefully, this will be reflected in my new works. The mountains and the ocean are always contemplative and inspirational places for me. I couldn't ask for a greater gift than sharing these moments with family. We toured a section of California, from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park and then through the San Fernando Valley, down to Carmel and Monterey. From the Bay to the Mountains and beyond we were awestruck by nature's beauteous sites.


YosemiteNational Park - Water Falls

Glacier Point - Yosemite National Park

After our  two eldest sons' college graduations, we took a trip to the West Coast to commemorate the occasion. Unbelievably awesome beauty abounds in nature, I always seem to find it redeeming. We were lucky enough to be able to do some hiking, exploring and beholding a few of her many wonders. Through my paintings I reveal the passion for the land I love,  by trying to share my feelings and touch the viewer, as I capture the energy of the moment. The beauty of this area is just completely astounding.



Muir Woods

San Francisco - Golden Gate Bridge
Yosemite National Park - Tunnel View

The silent serenity of the Yosemite National Park Mountains, with their aged groves of spectacular gigantic trees, the golden - light filled valleys and the incredible life, movement and power of the numerous majestic huge waterfalls, as well as the Coastal views of distant waters we were able to explore were absolutely breathtaking. Our National Parks are truly a treasure we all should take advantage of exploring. Stay tuned for posts of paintings reflecting my experiences.

No comments: