EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Few Detail Views of The Flow of Creativity Painting

Detail View Fish and Water
The Flow of Creativity
copyright 2012, Gail M. Allen
Here are a few more detailed shots of my latest painting The Flow of Creativity. There is a lot of texture that I had enjoyed developing, in the water that creates her gown. I am finding an affinity for more use of texture in my paintings these days. It adds another element of interest, but can also be a struggle to work with because of the shadows created by the textural effect.
Geisha and Fish Detail View
The Flow of Creativity
copyright 2012, Gail M. Allen

The Geisha's face was purposefully stylized and developed along with the fish. I wanted an element of otherworldliness, as opposed to the realistic view I had originally envisioned when I started. It's always interesting to let the painting lead me where it wants to go. It takes on its own persona after awhile.

No comments: