EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again...

Bennington Riverbed by Gail Allen
Yes, it has been a long time.  I took time out from blogging for focus on family, health, regrouping and honing in on my direction. I needed this. A lifelong nature enthusiast, I had spent so many years outside gardening and doing various sports, that when Lyme disease hit me again - it was a double whammy. It took me away from my love of nature and outdoor activities. I had little to no energy and a job and family to take care of. The last few years of continued struggling with complications made painting tough, with less vigor. So I dropped all activities that were not a necessity and continued with my painting and family obligations. I took rest periods to study new health research, environmental impact, habitat, and nature's, as well as cultural effects on healing. I began to read about the importance of viewing nature in the healing process and its current focus in healthcare research and architectural design. In recent research, it has been proven to be good for your health, performance and psychological wellbeing.

 So now that I am out in my kayak and hiking regularly, my artwork and painting is prolific once again. My focus is now very clear, more than ever, on creating paintings that reflect my unique perspective of the natural world and environments which will have the viewer gazing at nature - with some symbolism and narrative lore woven into the works.
A recent cherished comment regarding the painting featured at right:
"Your paintings make me feel like I want to dream!"
This painting was exhibited in the juried exhibit of New Hampshire Art Association at the New Hampshire State Library. (More about the painting in the next post.)

No comments: