EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bennington Riverbed by Gail Allen

view the painting at Gail Allen Fine Art - Bennington Riverbed
Bennington Riverbed is a 24" X 48" acrylic landscape painting on a 2 1/4" gallery wrapped canvas. This is a detail of the painting seen in the post above. It is a an overflowing river and train trestle in Bennington, New Hampshire during the fall. We had gone for a foliage ride and I noticed the distinct contrast between the calm waters on the opposite side of the trestle and the drama of the overflowing water and rivers edge in the foreground area. I am currently working on the accompanying piece to this painting. After completing it and showing it a few times in juried competitions, I realized there was more to this painting than I had originally thought. (My paintings often take on a life of their own - a persona of sorts, and this one had more to convey than what was on this canvas.) As I set the accompanying canvas next to this one and continued with the scene a more narrative painting emerged. I am very pleased with the outcome... the second canvas is about half completed right now. I can see now that the time taken away from blogging and the other activities that I left behind while recovering has opened new doors to my creativity and given me a new focus that was previously untapped! 

No comments: