EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mountainside Stream II Painting Juried Into the Prestigious Omer T Lassonde Juried Exhibition

Mountainside Stream II by Gail Allen
(click on my name above to see a larger version on my website)
This landscape painting, a 30" X 40" acrylic on 2 1/4" gallery wrapped canvas was exhibited in the prestigious juried 28th annual Omer T. Lassonde exhibition at Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I came upon this sort of "window" in the trees, overlooking the river and the mountain side beyond while hiking a few years ago. I found the scene to be calming and rejuvenating, almost as though you could feel the cool mist in wind coming off the water that lies in front of you.The light was shining so brightly and yet softly on the rocks and grasslands below. This is the atmosphere I strive to create with my paintings.

I thought this scene would speak to those who have a love of nature similar to my own. Its placement in an office, where working in a closed, stressed environment needs the empowerment of a natural subject with a water feature, plenty of light and open space. This painting, creating the type of environment where they could feel and perform better in their chosen profession, would be perfect.

No comments: