EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Exploration: New large 48” x 48” painting by Gail Allen

Gail Allen Paintings: Exploration
Exploration painting  by Gail M. Allen 
Please note this painting is done on two 24” x 48’” gallery wrapped canvases, which make it a total size of 48” x48”. Originally, when I posted this as a work in progress, this painting was titled The Expedition. But as it developed I decided it should be titled Exploration. Mainly, because I as I worked on it, I thought about what I wanted to convey. Although I have clearly also explored some new painting tec1hniques in painting this, it was meant to be a reflection on younger days spent kayaking and boating with my three sons and husband. Each trip was more of an exploration than an expedition. We didn’t have a particular place or purpose, we were just out to have fun and be curious about what we saw.
 To me, that is the purpose of our lives. To live each day, exploring many new, unfamiliar things throughout. Thus continuing to expand our learning along the way. We don’t necessarily have to “find” something. If we just consider living our lives continuing to challenge ourselves in every aspect: Exploring - we will learn and grow in leaps and bounds along the journey and have some great memories to take with us. 

Are you spending your time here looking for something specific, on an expedition - or simply exploring with each moment of each new day during your journey? What does this painting convey to you and would you add anything? Please comment and let me know your thoughts!, 

No comments: