EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Friday, September 23, 2022

Garden by the Ocean

This is a recent 18” x 24” oil painting on cradled birch panel. This image was created after my mom had passed. She was an avid gardener and always wanted a home by the ocean.  I began this painting as an homage to her life. She had gifted to me the large blue pot, which now stands in the center of my garden as a reminder that she is always right there with me. 

After its completion, a themed exhibit titled: Who We Are was announced. This fine art painting was submitted and exhibited at Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery in Portsmouth NH in that exhibit. I felt it also was a refection of my own gardening experience, love of the ocean, as well as my recent addition to the role of grandmother. Currently This painting is going to be on exhibit October - December 2022  at the Nashua, NH  Marriott - as part of the Nashua Art Association exhibit. If you are in the area please stop by. 



 Gail Allen, Garden by the Ocean

No comments: