EASEL TIDES: GAIL M. ALLEN'S PAINTING JOURNAL

Gail Allen is a classically trained artist living in New Hampshire, USA, who sculpts, paints and creates custom designed landscapes, murals and event products.
Please click here to view my painting gallery site:
Gail M. Allen Fine Art

If you like my work, but are not ready to purchase a painting,
you may purchase fine art prints or cards with my paintings on them at my site: Gail Allen Contemporary Fine Art (Print and Card Shop)

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Light and Dark - An Exhibition of Paintings



Light and Dark is the themed exhibit I am submitting my Solar Flares painting to this October at New Hampshire Art Association. Light and Dark is a dichotomy as old as time. What is illuminated and what is hidden in the shadows. As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, we think more about our sun and its effect on us. My Solar Flares painting depicts the flares bulging and spewing into the space surrounding it. In some of the flares you see images of earthly elements that are affected by the solar flares each time they erupt. What would our planet be, but a desolate darkness without our sun? The dichotomy here is that we as a race are not preparing,  or even caring in the least about our detrimental effect on the entire planet and galaxy beyond. Within this painting, I have hidden items and natural elements that exist here on earth, that are affected as solar flares are ignited and spread out into the universe ultimately affecting our planet.

View specific iocation and exhibit information on my website:https://www.gailallenartist.com

No comments: